It can be quite a challenge to incorporate more fruits and veggies into your family’s diet. At Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU, we fully understand this challenge, which is why we are offering two Green Smoothie and Nutrition classes. These free classes will offer tips from a registered dietician on trying new foods as a family and incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your family’s diet. You’ll also get the chance to try out some fun smoothie recipes the whole family will love.The classes will be help on Saturday, August 3 at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. at Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU — Brook Road Campus Auditorium (2924 Brook Road, Richmond, VA 23220). To register for free, call 804-527-4760 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.If you can’t attend, trying making one of these healthy smoothies with your family at home. Depending on your family’s preferences, you can make a green smoothie many ways:
- Step 1: Add 2 cups of liquids – coconut water, milk, fruit juice or water.
- Step 2: Add 3-4 handfuls of greens – kale, spinach, bok choy or swiss chard.
- Step 3: Add 2 cups of any fruit – try using some frozen fruit to make your smoothie thicker and cooler.
- Step 4: Add a creamy fruit like a banana or avocado.
- Step 5: Add in any extras your family may like – seeds, nuts, honey, cinnamon, vanilla, ice cubes or lemon.
Blend and enjoy!Making smoothies is a fun and easy way to get your family to eat more fruits and veggies. There are so many options – you and your family will never get bored! What’s your favorite fruit or veggie to add to a smoothie?